Artificial Intelligence is not a sci-fi subject any more. It is slowly and steadily becoming part of our daily lives. If you are wondering how this is going to affect your routines, there are a few areas to take into consideration like jobs, health and education. Let’s start from the beginning.
WHAT IS ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
It is the science and engineering of making intelligent machines, especially intelligent computer programs. It is related to the similar task of using computers to understand human intelligence, but AI does not have to confine itself to methods that are biologically observable.
Source: Stanford University.
The early stages of AI development go back as far as the year 1303, however the actual term was created in 1955 to describe a new computer sub-discipline.
At present, AI encompasses both technologies and tools (many of them still under development). Some of its practical uses in the industry are:
- Producing text from computer data (natural language generation)
- Transcription of human speech for computer applications (speech recognition)
- Chatbots and networking (virtual agents)
- Platforms relying on machine learning.
- GPUs and other hardware optimized for AI jobs.
- Implementation of rules and logic in Ai systems (decision management).
- Deep learning platforms.
- Human-machine interactions (biometrics).
- Automation of human action (robotic process automation).
- Text analytics and natural language processing (NLP).
Learn more on the subject here.
AI IN THE NEAR FUTURE: OVERVIEW AND CHALLENGES
Two of the most useful applications of AI are health care and diagnosis.
Babylon is an interesting app focused in offering health service. In addition, the team behind this technology is also collaborating with the NHS (UK’s National Health Service) in the development of a chatbot for dispensing medical advice. Other examples are of this type of implementations are Skinvision and Modernizing Medicine repository.
Thinking of what AI can do for small businesses today, the possibilities are infinite, ranging from automation of tasks to smart CRMs. With the right mindset, small companies can take advantage of the AI and get ahead. Click To Tweet Here, some examples:
- x.ai virtual assistant.
- Quill: advanced NLG platform.
- DataRPM: cognitive predictive platform for IoT.
- Textio: good for improving job listings.
- SalesforceIQ offers a smart, simple CRM and Salesforce Inbox.
All this looks very promising, there are some challenges, though, as the adoption of AI and automation in the work field is affecting the human society.
We’ll see many positive outcomes in the long run as we are already using AI our daily lives and we have to expect an increase in the following years. Check this study from Stanford to learn more.
Finally, the future evolution of AI might bring more prosperity, better services and improved education as long as we take in account human necessities while implementing the systems.