WHAT IS POLARIZATION
We seem to be living in a black and white world lately. Everything is going towards extremes and it’s becoming difficult to find the middle ground. This situation has affected communication and social media is reflecting it too.
Indeed, the polarization phenomenon has become more visible as we have access to information 24/7.
WHAT CAUSES GROUP POLARIZATION
It’s evident that social networks have become a hate pit lately as bad news spread so fast. Sadly, the fake news trend is still present as the tech and media companies seem to be falling short in their efforts to stop them.
It doesn’t come as a surprise that some groups are trying to profit from the political and social divisions, what causes political parties polarization as well.
Fear is a capital factor when it comes to manipulating opinions. When feeling menaced, we try to join like-minded people; this is a common behaviour. But becoming isolated is not the solution, we live in a globalized and hyper-technical world now.
SAVE YOUR SANITY
If feeling stressed, overwhelmed, sad, and frustrated, give yourself a break:
- Check your sources of information thoroughly.
- Take a deep breath and think before sharing, retweeting, and commenting.
- Read and study, critical thinking is essential in a world saturated with details.
- Don’t follow the masses blindly, focus on your own guidelines instead.
- Give yourself a break from social media and news from time to time: we need time for processing information.
Social media is a great tool when properly used. If we stop spreading poor content and fake news, we’ll be on the right path.Now it's time to become more critical and be open to dialogue. Click To Tweet
Check the video below for more interesting insights.