We are (finally) leaving 2017 behind, with its difficulties and 2018 appears full of promises.
Just wondering what’s coming next in the social media landscape? You are not alone…
Let’s take a quick and informal look at the new tendencies appearing on the horizon.
BRIEF SOCIAL MEDIA TRENDS ANALYSIS
How 2017 Trends Evolved
Looking at the past 2017 predictions, I can say this year was not a disappointment from the innovation point of view.
- Artificial Intelligence use is growing exponentially and it’s becoming a mainstream tool.
- Chatbots have already become part of the customer experience.
- YouTube Live and Facebook Live are big assets.
- The ephemeral content use was more than a trend: Stories are present in almost every app and Vine is making a comeback.
- Delivering customised content is now possible with the help of Big Data and AI.
- Mobile Marketing is leading.
- Influencers and Micro-Influencers have their own platforms.
- Niche Audiences are more popular than ever thanks to new business models like dropshipping.
TOP SOCIAL MEDIA TRENDS FOR MARKETING
What’s New in 2018
In 2018, we’ll see all the previous (improved) trends plus some more, like video marketing, that’s becoming a major tool as it improves visibility and engagement.
In a similar way, Augmented Reality and Virtual reality are great tools, and some brands have (successfully) incorporated them into their marketing strategy.
At the same time, Social media analytics and metrics are becoming more sophisticated and accurate tools.
From the advertising point of view, diversification is the key. As Facebook has capitalized most of the ad spend lately, it’s time to find new sources.
In addition to that (as already anticipated in 2017), blockchain will become increasingly influential.
SOCIAL MEDIA AROUND THE WORLD
Social Media is a commodity in our tech-oriented world. It’s shaping our social views and future behaviours. Every country has a different take on the subject and available resources are not equal. For a deeper look, check this source.
Find more statistics at Statista
TRENDS THAT NEED TO STOP
In the light of these facts, some countries have decided to take the matter into their own hands by enforcing new laws.
On the other hand, internet and social media censorship are common in other countries and more restrictions are on the way.
Last but not least: the end of net neutrality is not good news for small business and influencers.
In summary, some things stay, others go away…
— AIM (@aim) 6 de octubre de 2017
For updated figures and thorough information, please check this resource.
Source: Wizcase.com via Anna Johnson.
Not enough? All right, let’s look further into the future.