WHY HALLOWEEN IS GREAT FOR THE BRANDS
Halloween has become a major celebration nowadays. It has moved way beyond its pagan origins in the Celtic community.
It was brought to America by the Irish immigrants in the XIX century and combined with other European traditions. By the 1950s, it was already a mainstream celebration thanks to the companies that decided to capitalize its marketing potential. And it’s not surprising this trend has been extensively reflected in the media too (think of the movies and TV shows).
Today, it’s one of the relevant dates in the calendars for the marketers everywhere in the world (even in countries with a disparate background).
HOW TO ENGAGE WITH CUSTOMERS IN HALLOWEEN
Halloween is the start of the festive season, as it occurs before Christmas, it’s perfect for warming up and engagement with customers.
The first step, think of your audiences and their needs and find an appealing way to connect with them.
Both children and adults are good targets: throwing a party, organizing giveaways or themed contests are good ways to remind them you are there.
BEST HALLOWEEN MARKETING CAMPAIGNS
Once we achieve the right mood, we can take a look some creative ideas below.
· Restaurants and coffee shops: special menus and cocktails for the occasion, some spooky decoration and ambient music will round up the setup.
· Nightclubs and theatres: the timing is perfect for themed parties and costume contests.
· Health & Beauty businesses: this celebration is a dream come true for makeup artists and beauty bloggers. The salons may offer special discounts and themed packages.
· Shopping centres and supermarkets are surprisingly creative during this time of the year.
· Theme & amusement parks are perfect for family fun.
A word of caution: avoid controversy and poor taste.
There are some excellent examples of innovative actions. As for 2017, these are remarkable:
· Desperados Ghost Rider.
· Google Home in Halloween mood.
· Google Maps is showing the most haunted places in the USA.
· Smarties has launched the cute #LittleSmarties campaign.
SPECIAL HALLOWEEN MARKETING IDEAS FOR REAL ESTATE AND HOLIDAY ACCOMMODATION
This is a fantastic occasion for the estate agencies and holiday platforms to show their creativity:
· Haunted houses are a classic.
— Matterport (@Matterport) 28 de octubre de 2016
· Augmented reality and animations.
· Unique travelling packages and destinations.
· And of course, lots of sweets and goodie bags.