Artificial intelligence in travel has been around for a while and it’s been slowly and steadily infiltrating our lives.
To many, it still conjures up odd emotions (a mashup of science and mysticism). Nevertheless, its real applications are less exciting (but way more useful).
The real value of this evolving technology is found in the everyday tasks, and the travel and tourism companies have been aware of this from the very beginning.
For instance, back in 2016, KLM was the first airline to incorporate AI into their customer service.
MAIN FACTS OF ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE IN TRAVEL
The future is here: hotels, resorts, travel agents and airlines have successfully implemented this innovative technology in their everyday tasks.
Some practical examples of AI implementation in the travel and tourism fields are:
· Messaging bots and digital assistants are becoming common in the travel industry.
· Real-time travel updates.
· Interactive bookings and price prediction.
· Personalised experiences are designed to keep the consumer happy.
· Route planning will increase efficiency overall.
TROUBLES AND CHALLENGES OF ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
The general overview is optimistic but there are some less positive aspects we have to deal with:
· Consumers expectations: AI is the definitive game changer and the companies must get it right from the beginning.
· Rising costs, as it requires prior investment and proper training.
· Not all companies can keep up: many are being left behind and that’s not good news.
· Lack of technical skills: not everyone is ready for the AI revolution.
As for the ones who distrust new technologies…fear not, AI will not replace human agents but will assist them in the best possible way.
Travel companies are investing in artificial intelligence, but that doesn’t mean fewer jobs for humans https://t.co/vhetPoU9Y5
— Sustainable Business (@GuardianSustBiz) 17 de febrero de 2017
THE FUTURE: ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE IN SPACE TRAVEL
Not long ago, recreational space travel belonged to the fantasy books and movies. But now it’s becoming a touristic trend on its own.
Furthermore, artificial intelligence is helping to achieve the conquest of space.